Education and Experience
Since 2018.11 Full Professor at Northwest polytechnical university
2011.10-2018.11 Postdoctoral studies with Prof. Yu Zhao, National university of Singapore
2008.09-2011.06 PhD in Organic Chemistry with Prof. Wei Zhang, Lan Zhou University.
2005.09-2008.06 M.S. in Organic Chemistry with Prof. Wei Zhang, Lan Zhou University.
Research interests of our lab lie in the discovery and development of efficient catalytic methods for chemical synthesis, with an emphasis on asymmetric catalysis. Research efforts will be focused on the identification of new activation modes for the conversion of feedstock molecules to useful organic compounds, the introduction of new approaches for catalyst discovery, and understanding the reaction mechanism.
Aoxiang Distinguished Young Scholars
1. Si Bei Poh, Jun-Yang Ong, Shenci Lu* (Corresponding Author) and Yu Zhao* “Highly Regio- and Stereodivergent Access to 1,2-Amino Alcohols or 1,4-Fluoro Alcohols by NHC-Catalyzed Ring Opening of Epoxy enals”.
Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2018, 57, 1645-1649. (IF: 12.1)
2. Shenci Lu, Jun-Yang Ong, Si Bei Poh, Terence Tsang and Yu Zhao* “Transition Metal-Free Decarboxylative Propargylic Substitution/ Cascade Cyclization with Azolium Enolates or Acyl Anions”
Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2018, 57, 5714-5719. (Highlighted by Synfacts and X-MOL). (IF: 12.1)
3. Shenci Lu, Si Bei Poh, and Yu Zhao*. “Kinetic Resolution of 1,1’-Biaryl-2,2’-Diols and Amino Alcohols through NHC-Catalyzed Atroposelective.”
Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2014, 53, 11041 –11045. (Highlighted by Synfacts). (IF: 12.1)
4. Shenci Lu, Si Bei Poh, Woon-Yew Siau, and Yu Zhao*. “Kinetic Resolution of Tertiary Alcohols: Highly Enantioselective Access to 3-Hydroxy-3-Substituted Oxindoles.”
Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2013, 52, 1731 –1734. (Highlighted by Synfacts). (IF: 12.1)
5. Shenci Lu, Xiaoxiao Song, Si Bei Poh, Hui Yang, Ming Wah Wong* and Yu Zhao.* “Access to Enantiopure Triarylmethanes and 1,1-Diarylalkanes by NHC-Catalyzed Acylative Desymmetrization.”
Chem. Eur. J. 2017, 23, 2275 – 2281. (IF: 5.31)
6. Shenci Lu, Si Bei Poh, Woon-Yew Siau, and Yu Zhao * “Kinetic Resolution of 3-Hydroxy-3-Substituted Oxindoles through NHC Catalyzed Oxidative Esterification.” Synlett. 2013, 24, 1165–1169.
7. Shenci Lu, Ren Wang, Yi Yang, Yang Li, Zongjun Shi, Wei Zhang*, and Zhifeng Tu. Photoinduced Intramolecular Halogen Atom-Transfer Addition of 3-Acyl-2-haloindoles to Phenylethynes and 1,5-Hydrogen Shift / Decarbonylation Cyclization vs Electrocyclic Deacylation Cyclization. J. Org. Chem. 2011,76, 5661–5669.
8. Shenci Lu, Shichao Wei, Weixia Wang, Ren Wang, Panliang Gao, and Wei Zhang*. One-pot Synthesis of Fused Benzo[c]carbazoles by Photochemical Intramolecular Annulation of 3-Acyl-2-haloindoles with Tethered Styrenes. Eur. J. Org. Chem. 2011, 5905–5910.
9. Shen-Ci Lu, Xiao-Yong Duan, Zong-Jun Shi, Bing Li, Yu-Wei Ren, Wei Zhang*, Yong-Hui Zhang, and Zhi-Feng Tu. Photoinduced Intramolecular Addition of 3-Acyl-2-haloindoles to Alkenes. Org. Lett. 2009, 17, 3902-3905.
10. Shen-Ci Lu, Xi-Xia Zhang, Zong-Jun Shi, Yu-Wei Ren, Bing Li, and Wei Zhang*. Intramolecular Photochemical Cross-coupling Reactions of 3-Acyl-2-haloindoles and 2-Chloropyrrole-3-carbaldehydes with Substituted Benzenes. Adv. Synth. Catal. 2009. 351，2839-2844.