Address：Room 249, Qixiang building, Chang'an campus of Northwestern Polytechnical University
1.Design and Synthesis of New Optoelectronic Materials for OLED、OPV and OFET.
2.Design and Synthesis of Photo- and Mechano-Responsive Materials.
3.Optoelectronic Devices Fabrication based on Photo- and Mechano-Responsive Materials.
Education and Working Experiences
2018/11- now, Northwestern Polytechnical University, Institute of Flexible Electronics, Professor
2015/09-2018/11, Sun Yat-sen University, School of Chemistry, Associated Professor
2013/09-2015/08, The University of Hong Kong, Department of Chemistry, Postdoc
2009/09-2013/09, The University of Hong Kong, Department of Chemistry, PhD, Supervisor: Prof. V. W.-W. Yam
2005/09-2009/06, Sun Yat-sen University, School of Chemistry, Bachlor
Conducted Funding Projects
National Natural Science Foundation of China: Design, synthesis and photochromic studies for triarylethylene derivatives (2018.01-2020.12; Project Leader)
Pearl River Nova Program of Guangzhou: Designing and developing new mechanoluminsecent and mechanochromic materais based on weak intermolecular interactions (2019.01-2020.12; Project Leader)
PhD Research Startup Foundation of Guangdong Province: Design and synthesis of donor-acceptor type Ir(III) metal complexes with near-infrared emissions and their applications in near-infrared OLEDs (2018.01-2020.12; Project Leader)
Young Creative Talents Foundation of Guangdong Province: Novel triphenylethylene-based photochromic materials and their applications (2017.06-2020.06; Project Leader)
1. Z. Xie, Q. Huang, T. Yu,* L. Wang, Z. Mao, W. Li, Z. Yang, Y. Zhang,* S. Liu, J. Xu, Z. Chi,* M. P. Aldred, “Hydrogen-bonding-assisted intermolecularcharge transfer: a new strategy to design single-component white-light-emitting materials”, Adv. Funct. Mater. 2017, 27, 1703918.
2. T. Yu, D. Ou, Zhiyong Yang,* Qiuyi Huang, Zhu Mao, Junru Chen, Yi Zhang,* Siwei Liu, Martin R. Bryce, Zhenguo Chi,* “The HOF structures of nitrotetraphenylethene derivatives provide new insights into the nature of AIE and a way to design mechanoluminescent materials” Chem. Sci. 2017, 08, 1163.
3. Z. Xie,+ T. Yu,+* J. Chen, E. Ubba, L. Wang, Z. Mao, T. Su, Y. Zhang,* S. Liu, J. Xu, Z. Chi,* M. P. Aldred, “Weak Interactions but Potent Effect: Tunable Mechanoluminescence by Adjusting Intermolecular C-H⸱⸱⸱ Interactions” Chem. Sci. 2018, 09, 5787.
4. D. Ou,+ T. Yu,+ Z. Yang, T. Luan,* Z. Mao, Y. Zhang,* S. Liu, J. Xu, Z. Chi,* M. R. Bryce, “Combined aggregation induced emission (AIE), photochromism and photoresponsive wettability in simple dichloro-substituted triphenylethylene derivatives” Chem. Sci. 2016, 07, 5302.（Co-first author）
5. J. Chen, T. Yu,* E. Ubba, Z. Xie, Z. Yang, Y. Zhang,* S. Liu, J. Xu, M. P. Aldred, Z. Chi* “Achieving dual-emissive and time-dependent evolutive organic afterglow by bridging molecules with weak intermolecular hydrogen bonding”, Adv. Opt. Mater. DOI:10.1002/adom.201801593
6. L. Wang,+ T. Yu,+* Z. Xie, X. Chen, Z. Yang, Y. Zhang,* M. P. Aldred, Z. Chi,* “Design, synthesis and photochromism studies of thienyl containing triarylethylene derivatives and their applications in real-time photoresponsive surfaces” J. Mater. Chem. C 2018, 6, 8832.
7. E. Ubba, T. Yu,* Z. Yang, J. Zhao, L. Wang, Z. Chi,* “Organic Mechanoluminescence with Aggregation-Induced Emission” Chem. Asian. J., 2018, 13, 3106.
8. L. Wang, T. Yu,* Z. Xie, E. Ubba, Z. Yang, Y. Zhang,* S. Liu, J. Xu, Z. Chi,* “Gated photochromic molecules with AIEgen: turn-on the photochromism with an oxidation reagent” RSC Adv. 2018, 08, 18613.
9. Q. Huang,+ T. Yu,+ Z. Xie, W. Li, L. Wang, S. Liu, Y. Zhang,* Z. Chi,* J. Xu, M. P. Aldred, “Hydrogen-bonding assisted loosely packing crystals of a diaminomaleonitrile-modified tetraphenylethene compoundand their photo- and mechano-responsive properties” J. Mater. Chem. C 2017, 5, 11867.
10. T Yu, D. Ou, L. Wang, S. Zheng, Z. Yang, Y. Zhang,* Z. Chi,* S. Liu, J. Xu, M. P. Aldred, “A new approach to switchablephotochromic materials by combining photochromism and piezochromism together in an AIE-active molecule” Mater. Chem. Front. 2017, 01, 1900.
11. T. Yu, V. K.-M. Au, D. P.-K. Tsang, M.-Y. Chan, V. W.-W. Yam,* “Synthesis, characterization, electrochemistry, and photophysical studies of triarylamine-containing zinc(II) diimine bis-thiolate complexes” Dalton. Trans., 2015, 44, 18983.
12. T. Yu, D. P.-K. Tsang, V. K.-M. Au, W. H. Lam, M.-Y. Chan, V. W.-W. Yam,* “Deep red to near-infrared emitting rhenium(I) complexes: synthesis, characterization, electrochemistry, photophysics, and electroluminescence studies” Chem. Eur. J. 2013, 19, 13418.
13. W. Li, Q. Huang, Z. Mao, Q. Li, L. Jiang, Z. Xie, R. Xu, Z. Yang, J. Zhao, T. Yu, Y. Zhang, M. P. Aldred, Z. Chi*, “Alkyl Chain Introduction: In Situ Solar-Renewable Colorful Organic Mechanoluminescence Materials” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2018, 57, 12727.
14. Y. Mu, Z. Yang, J. Chen, Z. Yang, W. Li, X. Tan, Z. Mao, T. Yu, J. Zhao, S. Zheng, S. Liu, Y. Zhang,* Z. Chi, J. Xu, M. P. Aldred “Mechano-induced persistent room-temperature phosphorescence from purely organic molecules” Chem. Sci. 2018, 09, 3782.
15. Z. Yang, Z. Mao, T. Yu, Y. Zhang, S. Liu, J. Xu, Z. Chi, “Mechano-Responsive AIE Luminogens” Aggregation-Induced Emission: Materials and Applications Volume 1 (ch. 12), American Chemical Society, 2016, ACS Books（Book charpter）；
16. M.-Y. Leung, S. Y.-L. Leung, D. Wu, T. Yu, V. W.-W. Yam*, “Synthesis, electrochemistry, and photophysical studies of ruthenium(II) polypyridine complexes with D––A––D type ligands and their application studies as organic memories” Chem. Eur. J., 2016, 22, 14013.
17. Z. Yang, Z. Chi,* Tao Yu, X. Zhang, M. Chen, B. Xu, S. Liu, Y. Zhang, J. Xu,* “Triphenylethylene carbazole derivatives as a new class of AIE materials with strong blue light emission and high glass transition temperature” J. Mater. Chem. 2009, 19, 5541.
1. Name: 含呋喃衍生物三芳基乙烯类光致变色材料及其合成方法和应用
Date of Application: 2018.03.21; Patent No.: 201810234482.5 (First author)
2. Name: 新型三维多孔超分子有机骨架材料及其制备方法和应用
Date of Application: 2017.05.22; Patent No.: 201710366111.8 (First author)
3. Name: 刺激响应三苯乙烯类光致变色材料及其合成方法与应用
Date of Application: 2017.05.24; Patent No.: 201710374503.9 (First author)
4. Name: 一种含吩噻嗪二苯酮类发光材料及其合成方法和应用
Date of Application: 2018.09.06; Patent No.: 201811035590.6 (First author)
5. Name: 一种力致发光器件及其制备方法
Date of Application: 2018.08.30; Patent No.: 201811004066.2 (Second author)
6. Name: 三卤素取代三苯乙烯类光致变色材料及其合成方法和应用
Date of Application: 2018.03.21; Patent No.: 201810234162.x (Second author)
7. Name: 含噻吩衍生物三芳基乙烯类光致变色材料及其合成方法与应用
Date of Application: 2017.08.23; Patent No.: 201710729448.0 (Second author)
8. Name: 含有膦的二苯酮类有机发光材料及其合成方法与应用
Date of Application: 2017.04.19; Patent No.: 201610914712.3 (Third author)
9. Name: 一种以氧化铬为电子传输层的钙钛矿太阳能电池及其制备方法
Date of Application: 2016.10.11; Patent No.: 201610887439.x (Fourth author)
10. Name: 一种以碳纳米点界面修饰的钙钛矿太阳能电池及制备方法
Date of Application: 2017.03.27; Patent No.: 201710188438.0 (Fourth author)
11. Name: 一种白光有机电致发光件及其制备方法
Date of Application: 2016.10.30; Patent No.: 201610924595.9 (Fifth author)
Date of Application: 2017.04.01; Patent No.: 201710217788.5 (Fifth author)
13. Name: 一种高效非掺杂白光有机发光器件及其制备方法
Date of Application: 2016.04.24; Patent No.: 201710273559.5 (Fifth author)
14. Name: 含对咔唑苯乙烯基结构的新型有机发光材料及其合成方法和应用
Date of Application: 2015.06.24; Patent No.: 200910036737.8 (Forth author)
15. Name: 含三苯乙烯咔唑衍生物结构的新型有机发光材料合成方法和应用
Date of Application: 2012.05.09; Patent No.: 200810030143.1 (Third author)
16. Name: 含咔唑基二苯乙烯衍生物结构的新型有机发光材料的合成方法和应用
Date of Application: 2011.12.07; Patent No.: 200810198180.3 (Forth author)